Saturday, August 25, 2007

The one thing that caused me to believe in life after death communication

The one thing that caused me to believe in life after death communication, was the events leading up to and after my partner and best friend Geoff's death.

Only a week or so had passed from when we discussed what we wanted from our funerals , we often spoke about such events, when a picture I had on the wall outside my office fell off the wall. There should have been no way this picture could have dropped, but it did. I was about to walk out the door for my afternoon bus run, so I left it until I got home. I could not get the event out of my head. The picture was called "the calling", an american indian picture with the four directional grandfathers blending into the sky and I could not help wondering if the grandfathers were trying to tell me something. When I returned from my bus run Geoff was home and he was also taken by what had happened. We picked up the shattered pieces of glass and pondered on why the picture would fall over a hot drink, then we both fell into a deep sleep, in the arm chairs, not waking untill well into the evening.

The next day Geoff returnes home from work early with a tight thoat and explaining he had trouble driving home. He didn't want to go to the doctor, so I made him a coffee. I had an alarm set, so I knew when to get ready for my bus run. As I turned it off, and turned around, Geoff said to me I don't feel too well, I offered to call a doctor, but he said maybe later if it got no better. I had to get ready because my boss was due to pick me up any moment. When I came back out from the bathroom Geoff was reclined on the couch and he was in a fitting spasum. I sang out to my boss as the buss pulled up in my drive, and started CPR as Brett rang an ambulance and organised the other drivers. For the next 20 minutes we kept up the CPR, I could not stop even though I knew it was too late. The ambos started his heart, but we were later to find out that 2/3 of his heart had died and he was brain dead bar the last functioning areas at the base of the spine.

The family was called in from the mainland, and the last plane was running late. All life support had been removed earlier that day, and it seamed that Geoff was hanging in there untill the last person had come to say good bye. It was not possible for the phyical body to know, but there was an intelligence in that room that knew when we all walked out, Geoff had said to me the week before that he would wait untill everyone had gone before he died. I was called back into his room but by the time I got there it was too late, all that was left was a shell, but in that room was such a warm unexplainable feeling. I went back in after the family had seen him and I could feel Geoff around me. I was not sad anymore.

Over the following weeks I had to move and as I tried to settle into the new flat I had the over whelming need to go to a psychic, this is not something I would normally do. A dear friend had told me about one just after the death, but I was in no condition to do anything for the first several weeks. This message to go to see Rosie had become so strong that one day I rang and the next day I had a meeting.

Just to get it straight, Rosie had never seen me before and she had no idea who I was but she told me so much about my life I was taken back. There was no probing, it was just flowing information. Then the process was interupted by a man who was so desperate to get his message accross that he could hardly contain himself. Geoff introduced himself and the conversation flowed, there were things mentioned that we talked about those weeks before, he was constantly apologising for drinking and he mentioned talking to family and friends who had died years before. He asked if it was still ok to find me that perfect man that deserved my attention, one who didn't drink. The outstanding thing was that Geoff had mentioned this during our conversation before he died. There was lots more said, but this was the one statement when I knew that he was alive, if not in this world, in a place that is so close that he could obsurve me and I can sence his presence.

I just know there is life after death communication, because if I had not followed up on my feelings I would never have heard from Geoff again. He needed to talk to me even more than I needed to talk to him.

No comments: